Maintain equipment and tools used in chemical application. Inspect outdoor areas before applying pesticides control methods. Apply fertilizers and pesticides to turf, shrubs and ornamental plants according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions. Make all applications based on the WGL training that was provided and signed off by the technician and trainer which includes but not limiting to reading all chemical labels, safety data sheets as well as adhering to all PPE requirements.
- Willing to learn
- Team player
- Sets up and operates hand and power spray equipment to spray, dust, and/or spread various chemicals and other designated materials including pesticides, fertilizers, seeds, and other specified soil amendments.
- Installs, adjusts, and performs minor repairs on application equipment as well as calibrating to ensure the appropriate application rate.
- Maintains records on chemical application activities in compliance with EPA, OSHA, and State and Federal regulations
- Maintains work area, chemical storage area, and equipment in a condition that promotes good safety practices and in compliance with OSHA, LDAF, and Louisiana Pesticide Law
- Assists in maintaining and updating Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemical usage as well as chemical inventory
- Assists in safety training of pesticides and fertilizer applications
- Acquires and stores pesticide solutions; mixes or dilutes specified chemicals or materials according to the label and applies them at the recommended rate.
- 2 years experience required
- Must possess a State Driver’s License and have a clean MVR.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Excel, Word, internet, etc. is desirable but not required.
- Must be able to work independently and be very self-motivated.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal duties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Well-organized with good time-management skills.
- Ability to handle customer/client concerns.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities within a diverse workforce.
- Requires the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; must be flexible and able to adapt to frequent changes in work priorities.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as determined by WGL. Must be available and willing to work on a full-time schedule and must be available and willing to work as needed and determined by WGL as necessary to meet the business needs.
- Must keep immediate Supervisor informed at all times.
- Must be able to lift and move 50lbs at a time.
- Must be able to operate ride on and stationary machinery.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to use hand operated equipment.
- Must be able to work in some extreme conditions including but not limited to contaminated air; extreme temperatures, and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to wear all PPE that is required when making applications and/or handling chemicals.
WillowGrove is a landscape design, build, and maintain company proudly serving the Northshore communities since 2017. Our culture at WillowGrove is based on the six core values of Integrity, Passion, Service, Quality, Teamwork and Relationships. Our mission is to enhance the lifestyles of our community both within our company and by serving our clients. WillowGrove is growing fast and we are looking to add crucial leadership positions to the team to set a foundation for future growth and high quality projects.
We are looking for a natural leader that is willing to be versatile and work in close collaboration with the WillowGrove team to deliver the highest quality landscapes in the market. If you get excited about working with a team towards a common goal, have a passion for quality construction and have an entrepreneurial spirit – we encourage you to apply! We are a young company with a solid foundation – come help us build the future!